Hippopotamus are WHAT?!

Posted by Searching Life at Sunday, August 22, 2010
Apples to Apples is one of my favorite games ... ever. Why? Because it does not require much speed or coordination, which are two important aspects of most card games, which are also two elements that I lack.
(The exception to this is spoons, and I think this should be a professional sport.)

So last night, Lindsey invited me and a some other friends of ours to hang out and watch the recently finished movie we made for Ignition Project.
(We made it in June, remember? And even after all those hours of filming, they used the one clip where I wasn't paying attention! Murphy strikes again, just Jen's luck.)

While we were playing Apples to Apples, I noticed that I was one card away from winning. This round, the judge was none other than Midea. She is one of those serious judges. She is the only one who never picks my card...because I could never beguile her into doing so. And to my horror, none of my cards fit the adjective on the green card before me. One by one, everyone handed in their red cards with a look of confidence on their faces, while I nervously went through to see how I would talk Midea into this one. Finally, I just picked a random card and threw it out there. The scenario went like this -

Midea: ...Hippopotamus, Jen?

I smiled and tried to sound as scientific as possible.
Me: Yes

Midea: *skeptical* Hippopotamus are silky?

Me: Indeed they are.

Midea: No they're not!

Me: *clears throat* Did you ever pet a hippo before?

Midea: No.

Me: Then how would you know?

Midea: But-

Then I interrupted, in my most convincing whisper.
Me: They are luxuriously silky.


And yes, that won me the game, as even my most composed friend lost her composure.

2 comments:

Haruhi on Monday, August 23, 2010 said...

I love that game too... And that's just plain hilarious... :D

As for cosplay... well... I dunno. I don't even know how I'm going to my own costume... -sigh- You should do someone from Bleach though... :D

Searching Life on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 said...

Yes... luxuriously silky hippos...

I would love to cosplay as someone from Bleach. Yet, there isn't anyone that comes to mind who I remotely resemble.

I have a few ideas going on (not from Bleach sadly). So, I have a month to get the costumes together.

1.) Lucy Heartphilia from Fairy Tail

2.)Rikku from Final Fantasy (the problem is that although there are many outfits that I can choose from, she usually likes to fight in...very awkward things.)

3.) Phantom-Thief Jeanne (I thought of this one once I exhausted all other possibilities.

I REALLY want to do cosplay from Gintama though, just to be different. Kagura wouldn't be to hard.
...Yet, if I could do this, I would cosplay as ELIZABETH!. Seriously, what isn't there to love about Elizabeth (even if it is just a man in a gian duck suit)?

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei