On the Topic of No Topics 2

Posted by Searching Life at Sunday, September 12, 2010
Oh no...I am at it again. Mindless babbling. (In this post, I will cover everything from the ice cream man and Trauma Team to nose-themed boss battles and alarm clock anger.) 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I sit before you typing this with a bowl of cookie dough ice cream as my dad proceeds to chase after the ice cream truck down the street. It is an amusing sight. Luckily, the silly yet alluring tune should lead him there. It is oddly exhilarating to release ones inner child and set out on a race to hunt down the ice cream man in his fruity truck. Sadly, my mom fails to relish in our joy.

I remember when the ice cream man played a very familiar tune to me. Let me elaborate. In the third Sailor Moon movie, the children are kidnapped and taken on creepy flying ships to a castle in the sky where this evil queen puts them in dream boxes so that their "dream energy" will create a black hole big enough to engulf earth. They are kidnapped when they are put under a spell played by a special flute and can thus be commanded from their sleep-walking state.

Yes, the ice cream man used to play the same tune.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry I haven't written anything until now this month. However, I feel that I have a valid reason. And it is called Trauma Team for the Wii. (The whole Trauma Center series has a wonderful plot.) I finally have my own copy. Unlike its prequel that I already owned, called Second Opinion, it doesn't just have surgery. Now it has forensics, diagnostics, first response, endoscopy, and orthopedics (because what's not there to love about operating on someone's blones with a drill?!).

For me, endoscopy is the absolute worst. Although the character you are playing invested in her own personal golden endoscope, it is by no means magical. I mean, no matter how you look at it, you are still shoving a camera down someones throat (at least...I am pretty sure that is the orifice which I go through - minus the time that I had to maneuver my way through the glutes of a cat ). I always get lost in the stomach...

Ever since I bought games from this series, it is not uncommon for my parents to hear me ranting about my patients and their ailments. I hate thrombi (these irritating moving blood clots) and I constantly curse the little monsters. My mother gives me weird looks as I say to the screen "you sir, have a lot of annoying tumors...this is not good". My dad offers little assistance as he pushes me over and over, while maniacally laughing "he was on is way out anyway", as I look at the screen in terror when his vitals drop to zero.

I have to say, I love the tumors in Trauma Team. They are red, sparky, jewel-looking things. They make me smile. In Second Opinion they were just dark purple blobs of tumor doom = death!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Another game that I bought recently is entitled WarioWare Smooth Moves. I brought it to Dora's birthday party. We agree that it has to be the strangest yet most addicting thing we have ever played. It makes you wonder if the creators were insane or absolute genius.

I don't have much to explain about it other than that it is basically a series of mini games, and in one of them the "Boss Battle" was beaten by throwing a multitude of bananas into the nostrils of a gigantic nose made of stone...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I was reading through some of my old fan-fiction and noticed the vast majority of the stories have something in common. Somewhere in the story, I destroy and alarm clock in an extremely violent fashion. It is a process that can even involve stabbing the thing with a kunai knife or watching it explode into flames.

This reflects my hatred for them in real life. So, I found an inexpensive treasure on ebay with will hopefully make this process a little less painful. It looks like this ...

Try as I may to hide the side of me that loves sickeningly cute things like this, I cannot help but smile when I look at it. So, I think it shall hopefully brighten by day.

(I hope my strange rantings about my mundane life do the same for yours.)




2 comments:

Rainbow Tears on Sunday, October 24, 2010 said...

When I read about your dad I can just picture in my head what the neighbors where thinking just knowing your mom was not as thrilled

Searching Life on Monday, October 25, 2010 said...

Yeah, it is rare that she is thrilled at any of his antics. But they avoid each other most of the time, so she doesn't have to put up with this often.

Our neighbors are used to the fact that our family lacks "normality". It remains a wonder why they haven't called the cops on us yet. They did however congratulate me on my graduation. I bet they look forward to the day when I move out, and there is slightly less craziness XD

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei