In Other Words, We Eat Stuff

Posted by Searching Life at Monday, September 13, 2010
I seem to write about food a lot :/
Yes, I do like food.  I am not some glutton, nor am I even over 100 pounds.  Food is essential to daily living.  I LOVE FOOD!
Yet, I can't help but find it extremely awkward that I write about food.  A lot.

So, if you haven't already figured it out, once again I shall be writing about food.

First I would like to make a reference to Hari's blog.  She wrote a lovely post about our Popcorn Club.  I will briefly explain in a way that will not steal her thunder.  In short, at community college our group of friends routinely make popcorn. We devour it.  End of explanation.  (The stuff at the cafe is ridiculously expensive, and I too broke, with spending money on books, to stand forking out an additional $6.00 for not very good, overrated, mass-produced chicken strips.)

But recently our group has been pondering extending our horizons.   Just last week we shared a bag of beef jerky, and this got us thinking.  Why should we limit ourselves to popcorn?  Yes, popcorn is amazing butteriness in a bag.  But who can deny other wonderful foods, such as Lucky Charms, which are magically delicious?  So Emily and I think that a name change is now in order.  We contemplated changing it to the Popcorn, Beef Jerky, Goodfish (yes, the cracker kind), Cheetos, Ice Cream, Popsicle, Brownie, Cake (on birthdays), Cupcakes (any day), Cake (wait...any day simply because we can), Insert Other Foods Here -Eating-Club.  Unfortunately, most normal people should find that to be a mouthful.  So, it has been shortened to the Eating Club, with the former as our alternate title.  (Yup, this is probably going on a poster of some kind).
And we have adopted the phrase, In other words, we eat stuff, as our mantra.

Of course, this is currently an un-official club.  My friends and I dream of the day where we have funding and more members who will supply us with food.  But I think the title Eating Club gives off the impression that we are all obese gluttons, which is not true.  The cafe food is just far to expensive.  And we are far to lazy to go about this any other way.

2 comments:

ChibiCommoner on Thursday, September 16, 2010 said...

we had something similar to that in high school remember? ppl sit down with their food from teh cafeteria and we all eat it before they sit down like vultures...i think i like ur guys' version better haha X3

Searching Life on Thursday, September 16, 2010 said...

Yeah, I like our Eating Club.
Don't get me wrong; I miss everyone at the lunch table. But, I do not miss the vultures. (Although I can't deny that being one was fun.)
I think the difference is that the Eating Club somehow has reached a mutual conclusion that sharing is caring.

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei