And Now, A Moment of Awkward Silence

Posted by Searching Life at Tuesday, October 26, 2010
I had a flashback from my past awhile ago, back from when I was a cheerleader (-gasp-).  It was one of those famous moments in my history where people discovered that I do enjoy dropping a sarcastic comment every so often (again...-gasp-).  It began with an awkward silence.  I suppose this stems from have a reserved otaku and a superficial "creature of light" in the same room.  It went something like this... after a rather interesting conversation actually:

Me:  ...
Classmate: (probably thinking) how do I converse with this strange being?
Me: *stare*
Classmate:  "Um so, did you know that every awkward silence a gay child is born?"

I figure that this is a common phrase to all the everyday teenage conversationalist.  But I shall confess, still lacking social grace,  that I am still unsure of the proper response to this.
(Perhaps someday someone will come across this blog and enlighten me). 

And thus another awkward moment was born.

Me: ...
Classmate: (most definitely thinking)  It isn't working!  What could this mean?!
Me: ..."There must have been twins." *insert smile here for added effect*

Mission accomplished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I have recently been contemplating how to prevent such situations and how to handle them.
I can't help you.  Yet, Dora has her own scheme and I can only hope that it works for you.


In the event that things get awkward, just repeat the following phrase:

"I've never eaten this much CHEESE".

It is best to note that this will have the best results while in the presence of an anime fan (especially one who could get the reference) or someone who is not too mature for there own laugh.

Unfortunately, if the person does not fit into either of the above categories, you had better be actually eating cheese.  Better yet, carry some in your pocket to whip out spontaneously, in case of emergency, and dazzle them with your mad skills.

If the above fails, may they have mercy upon your soul.

3 comments:

Regina Nieman on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 said...

BLACK CAT!!!!!!! :3
OR...... "Lovely weather we're having!" ahahaha!
As for both of those above categories, yes, I fit into both.

Hari on Thursday, October 28, 2010 said...

What is the cheese comment from?

Searching Life on Thursday, October 28, 2010 said...

As Black-kun so kindly pointed out, the cheese comment is from the anime Black Cat. However, it was in the background, if I remember correctly.

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei