My How My Standards Have Changed

Posted by Searching Life at Sunday, June 05, 2011
Since I moved out, I was drowning in a sea of Japanese homework.  I even stayed up until 5 in the morning trying to finish it all.  The extra credit alone made me want to kill myself. 

Anyway, on one of the worksheets, it was asking to me to write sentences about what I wanted as I child and what I want now.  I suppose I was once a dreamer, but somewhere in adolescence, those dreams were squashed... like a grape.  Goodness, how my standards changed.  And I have not the words.

As a child, I wanted to become a writer and go to Japan.
Now, I want to eat lots of food and sleep for as many as ten hours.

As a child, I wanted books and a cute puppy.
Now I want cheap ramen, too many strawberries, and a handsome, good-at cooking boyfriend with a ton of money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog. And good luck with your studies.

Cypress on Thursday, June 09, 2011 said...

aw but you're so lucky! I'd never get to take Japanese. The only thing they really offer at my school is Spanish. *sigh*

oh well... hope your standards rise back up soon :)

ChibiCommoner on Sunday, June 12, 2011 said...

i agree with Leah kawaii desuuu!!!
when i was a little kid, i wanted to marry my childhood friend. now its changed to someone i can trust with my life (i thought about it a lot this morning during church between readings of Library Wars :D ) i wanted to be first a mermaid, then a figure skater, then an astronaut and president (they traded off for years on end till the space program closed and i found out that theres no winning in polotics)
now its voice actress/ opthomologist or psychologist (so i dont have to live in a box outside the studio) with an in-home studio and extra rooms so i can have my friends over (with hopefully a maid so i can actually HAVE them over but that might take a while to get envough money for haha)
what i dont want to be
a spanish teacher

ChibiCommoner on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 said...

they squashed your grape of hope before you could kill someone with a mustache with it

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei