Just For January

Posted by Searching Life at Monday, December 17, 2012
January is National Bath Safety Month - reminding you not to drown to death in the bathtub, after nearly drowning to death in alcohol, on National Hangover Day.

I know this is only covering the month of January, and yet I already feel inclined to say that some of my new favorite holidays are in the first month of the year.  I know it is subject to change, but it certainly sets the bar rather high for the rest of the year.....especially if you are of the female variety (such as myself).  We will get to that later.


January 3rd 
     First up, we have the Festival of Sleep Day.  Calling it National Sleep Day would have been fine.        However, the creator of this decided to go the extra mile and call it a festival, which just makes it exponentially awesome.  It is not every day that one associates "sleep" with being festive, unless you are a college student who has just finished finals.  All the same, it is befitting that Festival of Sleep Day falls when it does.  Who wouldn't want to go into hibernation by then?

     If you are a special brand of crazy and chose not to sleep on the Festival of Sleep, I hope you were at least able to partake in the other celebration on the 3rd of January, Fruitcake Toss Day.  The preferred way to celebrate this occasion is to hold a tournament to see who can literally toss the heavy mass the farthest.  I offer my condolences to anyone who was severely injured.  But next time, play it safe with the mound of fruits, sugar, and flour that has been baked at critical mass.





January 6th
     January 6th is Bean Day.  That is really all I have to say about that.


January 9th
      So, I mentioned earlier that January has one of my new favorite holidays...ever.  The ninth of January is Male Watcher's Day.  If you had to go back and read that awesome fact again, I don't blame you; savor it.  Just as the name would imply, it is a holiday for ladies to watch men.  But I seriously have to question why this day is in January!  Not all women are blessed to live in a place where they can oggle shirtless men in the winter!  Nonetheless, to all my fellow females, this is for you.  Happy Belated Male Watcher's Day.

        Those who are not attracted to men still have a far worse coming.  Not only do they get to be stated at by women (which I guess could be a good or bad thing), they have to decided how to handle the other holiday on January 9th - Play God Day.  This along with Male Watcher's Day is a pretty dangerous combination, now that I think of it.






January 10th
        I hope all my followers felt appreciated on Peculiar People Day.  I know I did.  It is reassuring to know that us quirky people have a day to be remembered.


January 12th
        If you thought the that Male Watcher's Day is the most wonderful thing to happen since the internet, try to wrap your mind around the monumental occasion that falls on January 12th...Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day!  
Let it sink in.  Let it sink...
Yes, who wouldn't love the chance to revel in feasting their eyes on wild men?   Not long before this day comes around again; mark your calenders, girls!






January 23rd
       The 23rd of January is Measure You Feet Day.  I would come up with something witty, but you have caught me in the act of cleaning the drool from my keyboard. ....Mmmm wild men...
Oh right...feet.  I trust you all had fun measuring them.  I hope your are at your desired foot measurements this time around.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei