Words of Wisdom

Posted by Searching Life at Thursday, January 28, 2010
So, two years ago (before I went to Japan), I was an ambasador to Europe. Here is a little background for all of you who have never been to England, France, of Italy.

Learn from my mistakes!

The trip would have been cool...if I hadn't nearly become roadkill almost 14 times! Here is my first warning. If you ever go to Europe, the moped drivers there will try to run you over like they are a bowling ball and you are the last pin...if you even get what I am saying. Why they made driving on the sidewalk LEGAL still remains a mystery to me.

Second, there is a little thing called region codes. I know, most of you probably know of such a thing already. But three years ago, I did not. No matter what country I go to, they continue to hunt me down.

OK, here is the hard lesson learned. I bought Princess Mononoke in France (FYI I could watch it in English or in Japanese with subs . . . or of course, in French). I mean, I thought that would be totally cool to buy anime at a French anime store. On top of it, the graphics on the French DVD cover is so much more awesome in my opinion. Finally, I made it to a hotel in Italy and watched Princess Mononoke on their Italian dvd player. But this is where it gets bad, because of this dumb thing called a region code on the disc, I can only watch it in Europe and Southwest Asia or some place in Africa!


I HAVE WOULD HAVE TO GET A PLANE TICKET TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD TO WATCH MY AWESOME PRINCESS MONONOKE DVD!!!!

But I am glad I learned this when I did. If I had not known this when I went to Japan, I would have gone all out trying to find the Gakuen Alice game for the PS2. That would have turned out even worse.
I can't really think on anything else. I am still not too knowledgeable on the culture of Europe. But hey, if this info saves someone from being squished by an unstoppable moped, my good deed has been done.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei