Death Encounter#1

Posted by Searching Life at Tuesday, June 22, 2010
I have been in near death situations many times given my clumsy nature. Although I think it is slightly extreme, Dora has dubbed me "accident prone". Then of course there are idiots who put me in such situations (ex: crazy moped drivers in Europe).
Last night there came such an encounter. And since summers usually leave me pretty empty and with nothing exciting to blog about, this is a good opportunity.

A good friend of mine (her pen name is Lillian, so I shall refer to her as such) wants to go into filmmaking, so she got an intership with Ignition Project. It is connected with Breakdown. Their media team is realtivly new, and every once in a while they are in need of extras. Last night was such a night so Lillian contacted me. My part was small; I was part of a crowd at a concert. It is a good thing I dance to no particular rhythm whatsoever at home...because that was essentially all I had to do. It was simple enough.

The death encounter actually came later, when the others were shooting a scene in an abandoned parking lot to be exact. Yes, for some reason or another, trouble almost always ensues abandoned parking lots. And thus it did...

A few people, assumed to be gang members came up to the group who was filming. Situational awareness would alert anyone that this was trouble. They were pretty determined to be a part of the shooting (with a video camera of course!). Yet, as soon as they learned that the mission of Ignition Project promotes abstinance and other positive choices, they ran like the wind in the other direction.
And the death encouter occured later when they drove their car through the set, without warning while blasting some vular rap song. Many had to run for cover. Thankfully, no one was harmed.

Given the circumstances, I think that the matter was handled rather well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei