Star Tipping...In My Room?!

Posted by Searching Life at Thursday, July 08, 2010
Yesterday, while I was cleaning my room, I came across this collection of plastic stars and planets that glow in the dark. You know; the kind that you stick to the ceiling. I had bought them in elementary school but never got around to putting them up. (I didn't have the loft bed at the time and I had no way to actually stick them on the ceiling.

So, I decided to release my inner child.

First, I tried tape. It didn't work. Then I tried double sided tape. That didn't work either. Then my inner child was crying inside. So, I came to the conclusion that this would require heavy duty stuff. It was time to break out the RUBBER CEMENT! Now that did the trick.

Then came another problem. I have one of those popcorn ceilings and to be honest, even the rubber cement was pretty challenging. Thus as I fought to stick them on correctly, little pieces of the ceiling kept pelting me in the face. (I feel for Michelangelo.) It was like snow...in July. Only itwas an evil type of blinding "snow" that never ceased to irritate me on my endeavor.

To make matters worse, just when I began to think it looked good, another problem surfaced. I had hoped I could organize them on my ceiling in a ...random way, because with this type of thing random looks the coolest in the end. But my subconscious took matters into its own hands. It seems I can be OCD even when I try not too. For as I was surveying my job, I noticed that everything was in ugly rows. I found myself in a rather sticky situation (yes...very bad pun intended).

So, I had to peel everything off and begin again. Then, to my horror, bits on the ceiling was stuck to the stuff by a gooey rubber-like substance. I had no choice but to dump the mass amount of stars and planets into my bathtub and peel everything off later.

When I resumed pasting them back on the ceiling, I found myself ARTIFICIAL star tipping in broad daylight. In reality, I just kept falling off the ladder of my loft bed. I think that is the closest I will ever get to star tipping in the comfort of my own room.

1 comments:

Haruhi on Saturday, July 17, 2010 said...

I hate popcorn ceilings. Mine have asbestus in them (i.e. stuff that gives you cancer.... [sigh]) The long and the short of the matter is that I can't put up shiny stars on my ceiling. However, I can put them up on the ceiling of my closet, which might partially explain why I was obsessed with my closet when I was younger. Of course, that might also have something to do with the dream I had when I was a kid. I went thought the back of my closet and found a whole colony of living Barbie dolls. I was a strange child. :D

On another note, straight lines with things like that bug the crud out of me. I think that's why organizing my flair (don't ask) is such a pain...

Can't wait for the next post!

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei