Wii: A Place Where We Can All Pretend to be Coordinateded

Posted by Searching Life at Wednesday, July 07, 2010
Ashley, Kelsy, Black-kun, and I got together a few days ago. I discovered on of the best series of games for the Wii. Trauma Center. It is a surgery game filled with awesomeness. The most recent game, Trauma Team involves forensics (among other slightly less cooler...but still epic things) on top of the surgery aspect.

All is going extremely well. I haven't killed anyone yet, which is always nice. The first patient was pretty straight forward. He was a motorcyclist who (because he is clumsy) crashed into a glass window. No shocker there. All I had to do pretty much was take out the glass, apply antibiotic gell, and stitch him up again. Apparently Kelsy actually killed the poor man on her first trybecause she kept dropping the glass back into him.

I also got to do the forensics in Trauma Team. You don't loose by killing anyone; if you answer too many questions wrong, you fail. To my amusement, they always put in one question that is obviously off. You play the role of Naomi who doesn't really get along with the living all that well. And she just so happens to have a phone that can pick up on the last few words of the dead...while you play, the Wii-mote vibrates and whispers them to you. Fun.

The first case is that a man supposedly committed suicide by slitting his wrists and setting fire to the place while locking himself in his room.

But in reality, this guy was a drug dealer who was stabbed in the lung by a repair man who "came to fix his heater"...in the middle of the summer.

It was here where I answered questions like...
"Why did the killer go through such complicated methods just to light a fire?"
"That's just how he rolls"

Another one that amused me...
"Why did the killer place the victim in the bed?"
"He wanted him to die in comfort"

*insert sarcasm here* Riiiight. Ok, lets see. I just stabbed this guy in the lung with my screwdriver and took his drugs. And I am going to slit his wrist and set fire to his room. But it would be such a shame if this sucker had to suffocate on the floor!

Moving on, the guy who did the diagnostics made my smile too. Ah Dr. Gabriel Cunningham and his caustic comments. He doesn't get along too well with his talking computer. The again, she wasn't programed to the liking of many people. Another one of my favorite quotes in the game is from her.
Congratulations! You have acquired, "dyspnea"!

With the tone she said it, she mind as well have been saying "Good for you; you are having trouble breathing, even though breathing is a very important bodily function. Congratulations, you are abnormal." Yeah, luckily Gabriel corrected her.

It is a shame I don't have a Wii. Otherwise, I would be preoccupied extracting tumors at this moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei