A Day in the Life of Yamada-san (Part 2)

Posted by Searching Life at Friday, August 13, 2010
I am not dead!
Neither is Yamada-san, in case you were wondering.

In honor of our finals on Thursday, I have once again decided to rant about the Japanese Class of Many Wonders.

1.)  Believe it or not, in our class it is possible for breakfast to eat something.

2.)  According to our teacher, our class is very sad.  Why?  Because no one has a husband or wife...and few have other significant others.

3.)  The Japanese word for "vegetable" is often used as an adjective that calls something  "cheap".

4.)  According to my teacher...I am ugly.  We were practicing conjugating certain types of adjectives.  Initially, I had been called upon to say that a certain stick figure was not pretty.
The following conversation is in Japanese -
Sugawara-san: *insert stick figure name here* is pretty, right?
Me:  No, he is not pretty.
Sugawara-san: And Jennifer-san?
Me: Yes...?
Sugawara-san: *realizes context* Never mind...


Now, if I were feeling incredibly narcissistic, I would have said something.  But I felt that doing so would be digging my own grave.

5.)  My friend has mad skills and can eat two bottles of beer!  Pretty impressive for a minor.

6.)  The weather feels good.  No, not in the sense that the weather feels nice to people.  Actually the weather is happy because he/she/it/whatever is having a good day.

7.)  This one is the most shocking of all:
Tomorrow, Yamada-san is a lively person (despite all else) and is even playing tennis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei