Of African Safaris and Wieners

Posted by Searching Life at Tuesday, August 10, 2010
My friend had ACL surgery a while back.  Ever since I have marveled at the fact that I have never been injured in such a way that required hardcore pain medication.  Which is just as well because I have seen its effects.

Vicodin in particular can turn brains into mush. When I first witnessed it, I was enlightened.

My friend sprained her ankle badly once.
The conversation went something like this-
My Friend (name not given for obvious reasons): *sitting there waving her hand up and down rapidly*
Me: uh...what are you doing?
Friend: I am on an African safari! I am petting ZEEEEBRAAAAZ! Are you here too?
Me: ??? : /

The second time I witnessed this phenomena, I was on a road trip with my friend Lindsey and her family.   Her mom was on vicodin for back problems.  I had thought that I had seen the worst.  I was mistaken.  

Friend's Mother (to her husband): You're a wiener.
Everyone Else: . . . ?
Mother (to Lindsey): Lindsey, would you rather go to Disneyland with a weiner or to Sea World with a weiner???? Either way you are with a wiener.

I feel as though I lost IQ points typing this....

1 comments:

Haruhi on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 said...

I had a friend who was on Vicadin who was talking to yet another one of my friends and she started talking about dolphins and from there, when asked what sea creature she would like to be, she replied "WHALES!!!!!!" Now mind you, this was one of my (usually) most composed friends.

This made me laugh. :D

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei