Beware: My Soul is Radiating Pink Sparkles and Butterflies Tonight

Posted by Searching Life at Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Let me give you a fair warning now, this next rant will give you just another look at how much of a dork I can be.  I suppose the majority of my blog already does a great job of that.  But, since I feel this next one is going to hit a new and impressive low, you might want to turn back now if you want to hold on to a sliver of hope that I am somewhat cool.

My family is cheap.  My mom and I have little regard  for  fashion sense, if any at all.  So, when she got fed up with the fact that I don't have a jacket to wear, she figured it was time to remedy that.  And what better way of doing so than to hit Wal-Mart and find something reasonable.  Oh goodie.

Don't get me wrong; I love Walmart.  But, here is where the problem lies.  My dearest mother likes to largely exploit the fact that I fit into clothes in the childrens' section.  For as long as I can remember, she takes advantage of this and stuffs me in to whatever she pleases...and it is usually something pink, poofy, and decorated with a sickening array of butterflies or rainbows, or hearts or pastel flowers...just to name a few.
And it is quite possible, to my horror, that she will find some hideous combination of the above.  And I would prefer to avoid said garments like the plague.  Thus the never-ending cycle continues.
Moving on to today's story.

While meandering through the racks of tye-dye and peace sign decorated things, I wondered when this would end already, and dreaded what new monstrosity mother had managed to dig up.  Then something caught my eye.  It was a pajama section (those over-sized shirt ones) devoted to a specific Disney movie that came out not to long ago. Tangled.  It is the movie in which Ashley was finally able to find my Disney princess counterpart. 

Something happened that is very rare on our excursions.  I felt a surge of happiness.  In some euphoric moment of bliss, I hopped my way over to see what I could find.  Technically they didn't really have it in my size (seeing as I am around a "12"ish and the largest I could find was a 7/8.  But they were designed to be slightly longer anyway.  Not wasting any time, I picked out not one, not two, but three of them.  Don't judge me!  The irony of it all, seeing as they all have some degree of pink in them ... and mass amounts of sparkles, flowers, and butterflies.  Yet, because of the whole Tangled factor, all is oddly right with the world.  Besides, if I was gonna have to get other stuff from the kids place, I mind as well make it good.  
I should note that as I walked up to the counter I told myself that if anyone gave me weird looks they were just jealous.  It wasn't so convincing when the cashier was a college age guy.  Nor did I want to picture that man in my selected items.

When I got home, I got ready for bed and decided to wear one as I commenced my habit of dancing like an idiot.  I am pretty sure that I resembled an overgrown eight year old.  

Then....my happy world came crashing down when just a few minutes ago my parents felt the need to add  that I was being foolish and that it would probably shrink in the washing machine anyway.  Now this may be true, but at the moment I feel like said eight year old who discovered that their ice cream cone dropped in the middle of a muddy street....

(Still haven't found anything similar online either.  Sad face)

But, even if it just for tonight, I shall still revel in my nerd moment.      

2 comments:

Hari on Monday, December 27, 2010 said...

So did you buy them or not?

Searching Life on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 said...

I thought I made it clear that I did :/ Perhaps not so much.

Yes, I did buy them (hence the entire point of the rant).

OHHHHH I think I get what you are saying. This was BEFORE my ban on buying Christmas gifts. Please note the date.

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei