So Much For Sleeping in Heavenly Peace

Posted by Searching Life at Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I need to redeem myself after that last nerd rant.

It is now 8:30 AM.  Now, I want you to take a good look at that those numbers!  See anything odd?  Yes, I am actually awake at this hour.  Once again, some uninvited guest is crashing on my bedroom floor.  As I am not a morning person, my anger meter is rising and the meter for irritation has reached astronomical levels.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Flash back a couple months back and this is where it all began.  I am happily cleaning my room, minding my own business.  I set up one of those huge moon chairs next to the window so I can read my books and closer to the T.V. so I can watch movies or play my games or something.  Since I practically live in my room and hardly ever venture out into the dangerous vast space of the remainder of the building, I strive to make my domain as comfortable as possible, even going as far as to get a mini-fridge for my Ramune.  My room has always been a sanctuary.  

Alas, this year things have changed and I can no longer find solace in my own room.  The dark night of my soul began when my dad first discovered that he could play his new war games on my PS2.  Since he has long been going into withdrawals from lack of cable, I assume this was only natural.  He would spend a vast majority of his money on movies to placate himself and video games were just another way for him to survive.  

He did respect that the PS2 was mine at least, so the logical solution would be to sit in my comfy chair and play his war games night and day.  He would turn the volume up on full blast as I would sigh and climb my way into my loft bed to try and sleep or read a book, hoping that he would leave.  

My misery increased when my mother wanted to use my computer...at the same time.  Unfortunately, my comp is located on my desk....which is right in front my bookshelf...and only a few feet away from the moon chair.  My parents bickered back and fourth and had volume battles, while once again I would climb in the loft and tried to endure.  As things continued, I wouldn't even enter my room until it was time for me to go to bed and they were gone (if I was lucky).  

Gradually, my father seemed to loose interest in video games.  Perhaps it was because one day he noticed that the moon chair had become lopsided...he broke it.  With the chair gone, he spent less and less time in my room and more and more money on DVDs.  And my mom spent less time at home, and went to my grandmothers to use a computer.

Finally, things seemed to have returned to normal....minus the moon chair. Sad face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

But today, my father has invaded yet again.  He is now sleeping in my room.  Is this normal?  None of my friends seem to have this same problem with their father sleeping in their room.  

Well for one, I don't think this is normal (could be wrong but it is my hypothesis nonetheless).
And two, some one shut the man up because it is annoying.  I can sleep through buses crashing into walls...but not this.  The middle-aged man passed out on my floor sounds like a broken lawn mower.  That is perhaps an under-exaggeration.

To make matters worse, I no longer have the Nerf foam weaponry I had once safely stored in my loft bed is now gone.  It was given to charity after a yard sale flop.

So, this is how it went down this morning:
Me (in half-awake mood of rage):  Shut up already! If you are going to sleep in my room, at least do me a favor and don't snore.  

I couldn't didn't have the Nerf stuff obviously, couldn't part with my pikachu plushi, so I threw a pillow.

My Father (taking pillow and placing it under his head):  I don't snore.

And...he promptly resumed sleeping.  My cat, the adorable little creature, has even clawed his head a few times and the man still didn't wake up.  Mayhem probably lost interest.  My cat likes my hair a lot...and the man sleeping in my room is balding, and therefore not nearly as fun.

He is still here by the way.  Forgive me if my writing today is more boring than usual.  It is hard to think of anything remotely fun to say with the guy's snoring disrupting my train of thought.  Hopefully next time the circumstances will be favorably different. 


3 comments:

Haruhi on Thursday, December 16, 2010 said...

If it makes you feel any better, my cat seems to think that I am his personal seat (usually when I'm studying for finals) and then he puts his little cat head down on my binder and proceeds to sleep. And then I need to turn a page in my binder, and everything goes down hill. (i.e. he tries to eat me.)

On a totally unrelated note, go look at figment.com. It's pretty much the best thing ever. X3

Searching Life on Monday, December 20, 2010 said...

My cat loves to do that too (including the eating me part).

He also feels the need to play with and/or eat said binder. Same concept applied to wrapping Christmas presents.

And he likes kneading every inch of my body, from head to toe. Has an odd fascination with licking my hair and getting his claws stuck in it.

Hari on Monday, December 27, 2010 said...

Invest in a pair of industial stregth earplugs. I never go on a family vacation without them.

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei