On the Topic of No Topics 4

Posted by Searching Life at Friday, February 11, 2011
Is this the fourth one?  I am going to assume that it is. So, I shall continue my post about Much Ado About Nothing.   But NOT the play by Shakespeare.  Just...no.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend, Lindsey, is filming another one of her movies.  She writes her own series of epicness.  On Monday, we finally get to work on the third one.  (I missed out on the second because of school).

My role, you ask?  Myself.  Look down at the cast script.  Jenny is played by Jenny.  Lindsey came up with characters for everyone, except me.  She wanted to have a spastic, clumsy, spontaneous, clueless, happy, ect, character…essentially comic relief.  And since her basis for this out-of-touch-with-reality character was actually me, who better was there to play the role?

I do all my own stunts.  There is an infamous one in the first movie.  In the script, there was something about me falling of a treadmill, while singing.  Sad thing was, it came naturally.  When the camera started rolling, I started belting out some random song.  And I did not just act like I was falling off the moving treadmill.  I accidentally fell off of it, yet because it was written into the script, it worked.  Perfectly.

There was another scene in which I had to fall down a hill.  Aced that one as well.  (I even did so a second time…that wasn’t written into the script).

I hope my acting skills have improved marginally, considering that I am playing myself.  That way Lindsey won't have to run around in a Hannah Montana wig, pretending to be me.  First, it is a frightening scene.  Second, not to brag, but I think I have more experience and expertise in the matter.  Over 19 years worth of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know you are a nerdy only child when you play animal crossing incessantly.  The thing is, I am oddly addicted to creating anime themed rooms (otherwise I get rather bored with the game).  It began when I found an anatomical  model, washed up on the ocean shore.  I was instantly reminded of Hiroshi (this is all a Wallflower reference, by the way) and proceeded to build an entire collection of creepy things that remind me of Sunako Nakahara.  I call it my emo corner.  But I am not emo. And it isn’t a corner.  It is, in fact, a whole room.  It makes me smile.

Awesome right?  Well, I have another awesome room.  It is pretty much an Ouran High School Host Club room.  Alas, it is missing two key things that the game designers regrettably left out.  The first, and most important, would be the hosts themselves.  Bishonen!  How glorious it would be to have all of them there!  Thus, the second would obviously be the presence of floating rose petals everywhere they go.  But there is no Tamaki (or Hikaru, or Kaoru, or Kyoya, or Mori, or even Hunny-senpai) and therefore no floating rose petals.  With that in mind, I think it is still money worth spent.  So, yes, I admit to playing that game for hours each day, just to create my anime themed rooms.  If there is nothing cool to buy…I call it a day.  So, I suppose I am that creeper neighbor who buys miscellaneous crap and otherwise never leaves the house, to marvel at said crap.

I have the DS version, so it isn’t as fun as the one I used to play with my cousins in Iowa.  We found the game amusing for the sole purpose of tormenting the neighbors.  First, it is important to note that these cousins of mine are FMA fans, like me.  We love Al.  How could you not?  But there was a character in their Animal Crossing game named “Alphonso”.  Somehow that single “o” attached to the end of his name, gave him an air of…being lame.  Hence, he was the primary victim of our fun.  We laughed at his name while hitting his big head with a net and pushed him into holes.  How we loved to watch him squirm.

I hate these games.  I really do.  The moral of this story: play Trauma Team; preserve your dignity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is an interesting discover I made while I was away.
Jen > Oatmeal
Jen < Ice Cream

My question of the day:  What does it mean when your friends determine your value according to their love for food?

With this logic:
Dora > Steak
Leann > Hot Chocolate
Black-kun > Strawberries (on her good days)
Mon Amore > Flaming Hot Cheetos
Hari > Ice Cream

Maybe I exaggerate (and I will  let the reader decide in which way).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like getting to know which of my friends are in touch with their inner children.  On the way to Phoenix with Leann and Katie, we determined that Katie is one of those people who prefers not to interact with them.  She keeps her inner child on a tight leash.  A very tight leash.  And that is only when she lets her inner child out of the depths of the small dungeon she is in.  Not that there is anything wrong with this.  Hari is the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Leann and Katie, I had a weird dream while spending the night at their house.  Before going to bed at some obscene hour in the morning (6 or 7 ish I believe), Leann and I were engaged in some deep conversation.  But it inevitably lead to talking about Disney movies.  Ariel is my least favorite.  So, falling asleep, I had The Little Mermaid on my brain.

I dreamed that I was a mermaid.  Katie and Leann had to drive me back to the ocean for some reason.  Next thing you know, I am on that pirate boat from Peter Pan.  It is sinking; everyone is screaming.  As if I thought it would help, I tried to get higher up on the ship and grabbed onto Captain Hook’s hook.  Then it hit me, if you were a mermaid, you would never drown.  I was invincible!

At this realization, I awoke to their hyper chihuahua stepping on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next time I talked to Leann at a sleepover, we had deep conversations and not so deep conversations.


“Ways to Drown a Mermaid” fell into the latter category.  We concluded that swimming pools would not work, water is water.  Therefore, sticking one in a swimming pool of Cool-Aid would only get them high.  Cool-Aid is like pucca for mermaids.

 And while we thought that closing their gills, another problem arose.  Mermaids do not have gills.  Well, not to my knowledge.  Do they?  I had a friend who claimed to be a mermaid.  She didn't have gills...

Wow Jen.  Way to go, asking the most important questions!  “Do mermaid’s have gills?”
“Who’s trashcan is that?” (I applaud all who recognize that last one)

2 comments:

do i really need to put a name to this one? said...

katie sticks hers in a travel kennel :P (except when she talks baby talk to ask you to get her something cuz shes too flippin lazy to go and get it herself even if shes just watching little house on the prairie and you have 50,000 things in your hands), but her inner fangirl/stalker has a major in josh groban, idina, taye, and their son (for some odd reason)

Searching Life on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 said...

Yes, I am well aware of her stalking them and their son (I have always found that last part to be rather odd as well).

But there are fan-girls for our well-loved voice actors who are just as creepy, if not more so. At least your sister doesn't go around licking their hands and giving them locks of her hair.

If she is actually inclined to do such things, just...don't say anything. I am happy living in blissful ignorance, believing that her fan-girl habits are closer to normal on that spectrum

Post a Comment

 

When the Snow Melts,What Does it Become? Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei